We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Many elective, rehabilitative, and emergency surgeries are performed at Petroglyph each year. From spay and neuter surgeries, to cruciate ligament repairs and other orthopedics, you can trust the doctors and veterinary nurses to care about the comfort and safety of your pet.
Anesthetic safety is of primary importance in surgery. Qualified staff members use their training and modern technology to monitor patients for their response to anesthetic agents. Monitoring, recording and reacting to the parameters of the heart and lungs, temperature and other body systems, ensure as safe conditions as possible are provided during anesthetic procedures.
Treatment for pain from surgery has become more advanced in the last decade. All of our surgical patients receive pain medication when in-hospital, in addition to oral medications for you to administer at home.
Equipped with much of the identical equipment as your regular family dentist’s office, including full digital x-rays, our doctors perform many of the same procedures. From regular tooth scaling and polishing to advanced procedures such as extractions, we take your pet’s oral health seriously. In some cases, our doctors may refer special cases to a dental referral practice.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-754-8822. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:45 am - 5:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Petroglyph Animal Hospital