Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
At Petroglyph Animal Hospital, we put your new family member’s health as a top priority. Each kitten’s vaccine protocol will be created by your doctor to be sure the vaccines are tailored to your kitten’s specific lifestyle. Petroglyph Animal Hospital follows the vaccine recommendations and protocol based on the CVMA (Canadian Veterinary Medical Association) guidelines.
Your kitten should be on a vaccine schedule at 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age. The importance of staying on the four-week time frame is to maintain proper immunity growth for a kitten’s underdeveloped immunity system.
Is boosting my kitten’s vaccine on-time important?
Yes! After your kitten has received the initial vaccine, the maternal antibodies decrease in the system (immunity from their mother). Boosting the vaccine every 4 weeks from 8 to 16 weeks of age ensures your kitten is fully protected from diseases by the time the maternal antibodies are no longer present.
How much do vaccines cost?
Your kitten will typically require 3 sets of vaccinations. The vaccines recommended will be dependent on the age of your kitten at the time of first vaccination. Cost can vary depending on your kitten’s age and lifestyle so it is recommended to contact us for an accurate quote.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-754-8822. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:45 am - 5:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Petroglyph Animal Hospital