With external parasites, a preventative approach to internal parasites is highly recommended for all companion pets. Some common parasites include roundworm, tapeworm, hookworm, and whipworm. Your veterinarian may recommend more frequent deworming of pets in homes with young children, for animals that are not being treated for fleas (a primary cause of tapeworm), scavengers, and for kittens.
The cheerful holiday season is here! Before pulling out the tinsel and delicate ornaments to decorate your Christmas tree please take a moment to read our blog on how to keep your furry friends jolly and SAFE during the holidays.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-754-8822. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:45 am - 5:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
NEW PET OWNERS
Have you welcomed a new furry family member to your home? We’d love to meet them! Visit our Must Know New Pet Owner Information page for useful resources and helpful recommendations for new pet owners.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Petroglyph Animal Hospital