We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Please note, as with all referrals for specialist appointments seen at Petroglyph Animal Hospital, clients of other veterinary practices will not be accepted as regular clients at our hospital.
Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital: 250- 933-0913 or Toll-Free at 1-877-773-7079 (Located at 6550 Metral Drive, Nanaimo (across from Home Depot, in the same complex as Island Naturals and Milano’s Restaurant).
Lost, Found, Injured Animals and Adoption
North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre: 250-927-6025
Nanaimo SPCA: 250-741-0778 (during operating hours); Emergency after-hours: call local police or RCMP
City of Nanaimo Service and Resource Centre: 250-754-4251 (411 Dunsmuir St.)
Oliver Woods Community Centre: 250-756-5200 (6000 Oliver Rd.)
Pets are an emotional and financial investment. Pet insurance can provide a peace of mind by helping pet owners plan for the unexpected by providing financial flexibility and allowing for quality care of a beloved furry friend. There are many health insurance policies available to meet the varied needs of pets and their owners.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-754-8822. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:45 am - 5:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Petroglyph Animal Hospital