- Western Canada Veterinary Eye Specialists
- Pacific Veterinary Behavior Consulting
- Canada West Veterinary Specialists
- Pacific Animal Wellness Services
We also act as a satellite clinic for Dr. Tyler Udenberg, DVM, Dipl. ACVD, of North West Veterinary Dermatology Services one Saturday a month (contact info below):
- North West Veterinary Dermatology Services: 1-604-428-0070 for inquiries and appointment bookings.
Please note, as with all referrals for specialist appointments seen at Petroglyph Animal Hospital, clients of other veterinary practices will not be accepted as regular clients at our hospital.
- Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital: 250- 933-0913 or Toll-Free at 1-877-773-7079 (Located at 6550 Metral Drive, Nanaimo (across from Home Depot, in the same complex as Island Naturals and Milano’s Restaurant).
Lost, Found, Injured Animals and Adoption
- North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre: 250-927-6025
- Nanaimo SPCA: 250-741-0778 (during operating hours); Emergency after-hours: call local police or RCMP
- BCSPCA Cruelty Hotline: 1-855-622-7722
- Nanaimo Animal Control Services: 250-616-0233
- CatNap (Cats Needing Aid and Protection)
- BC Conservation (for injured deer or human/wildlife interactions): 1-877-952-7277
- Animal Control (Regional District of Nanaimo): 1-877-754-1397
The following locations sell dog licenses:
- Nanaimo Animal Control Services Pound & Adoption Centre: 250-616-0233 (1260 Nanaimo Lakes Rd.)
- City of Nanaimo Service and Resource Centre: 250-754-4251 (411 Dunsmuir St.)
- Oliver Woods Community Centre: 250-756-5200 (6000 Oliver Rd.)
- Pets are an emotional and financial investment. Pet insurance can provide a peace of mind by helping pet owners plan for the unexpected by providing financial flexibility and allowing for quality care of a beloved furry friend. There are many health insurance policies available to meet the varied needs of pets and their owners.
- We have provided some links to get you started: Trupanion, PetSecure, Pets Plus Us